Old
11-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Oilin Toronto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Yes you are wrong.

Firstly, we didn't finish first overall

The Sedins were just coming into their own and weren't dominant in the regular season. They were good, but weren't viewed as the players they are today.

Linden was a 4th liner. Naslund was a shell of his former self and was more of a detriment to his line than an asset. Morrison wasn't much of an impact player. Edler was a rookie who hardly played. Kesler was a mere third liner. Pyatt was a plug who produced because its hard not to when given first line minutes with the Sedins even before they became elite. This was Bieksa's first full season, and although it was good, the team offensively was lousy.

Luongo carried that team.

And yes. I take Hemsky over Kadri, Colborne, mid 1st.
It was always a 1st...mid 1st was never discussed. Why are you changing things on the fly.

Chances of Toronto finishing outside of the top 10 in the draft is highly unlikely, given the fact that they haven't made enough significant changes in the offseason that would suggest them moving up over 10 teams. Therefore, the original offer of a 1st would be anywhere from 1st - 10th overall.

As an Oiler (hemsky) fan, and looking at who I could get in the top 10 of the last couple of drafts, I would take the chance, and take the 1st rounder, and a couple of the spare parts in Kadri and Colborne.