View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
The Gorilla in the room is that Stastny is only signed through 2014, and if we lose this year that means it's possibly only 1 year of Paul Stastny. Without knowing if he'd resign in Colorado or Toronto (or anywhere else for that matter), it's really difficult to gauge what he's worth. But for Colorado you'd assume we'd trade him with the thought he will resign (or possibly a deal like Adam Foote where someone gives us draft picks if he does resign).

Was really hoping we'd have this season intact so it would make the Stastny decision easier, but it doesn't appear that way.

At the current cap mark, I'd ask Stastny to take a small decrease in salary, and I'm not sure he'd be willing to sign up for that.

Anyways, all this stuff is information none of us would know and is probably discussed behind the closed doors with his agent.
To me, Pauly Walnuts doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's going to hold out to get as much money as possible. He's already going to have made almost $40M from his current contract when it's all said and done and he's still, at least a $5M player at this point, so I wouldn't be surprised if he re-signed for less than what he's currently making. Apart from the fact that he considers St-Louis his hometown and that he likes playing there, all signs point to Stastny being happy playing for the Avs.

It's all going to come down to next summer, when the Avs are actually able to extend him, IF he's open to re-signing. If not, then I can see them shipping him out and getting something for him and not letting him walk as a UFA for nothing the following year.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote