View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
1."Stastny isn't overpaid at 6.6 putting up 55"
Who said he wasn't overpaid? But he is most definitely not a 55 point center to us and accordingly we view him closer to being a 6mil center.

Quote:
2."No need for MacArthur, we have 5-6 better options"
Landeskog, Jones, McGinn, Downie, Parenteau... Hejduk... looks like 5-6 to me.

Quote:
3."Stastny's production only declined each of the last 3 years because of poor linemates" - See number 2
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...53&postcount=1

Parenteau, McGinn AND Downie were all brought to our team within the final 20 games of the season or free agency...

Quote:
4."Stastny is still our number one centre, despite playing less minutes in every situation then Ryan O'Reilly"
Stastny is still our number one center, but you go ahead and believe whatever you want to believe.

Quote:
5."Stastny is still a number one centre, despite him not reaching 60 points in each of the past 2 seasons"
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...53&postcount=1

Quote:
Some of you guys kill me... Stastny is a definte upgrate at centre for Toronto, but they wouldn't give up that package for it.. I can't imagine any logical and informed Avs fans who would say no to that deal.
Logical and informed Av fan reporting for duty, sir. I humbly agree that we should trade our longest serving Avalanche after Hejduk retires and our most experienced center that provides a game of which neither Duchene or O'Reilly can for an underperforming prospect, an insignificant winger and a defender that may or may not be able to hold down the #2 position on our team going forward.

Avs should just give every center we have to the other teams when they offer something they consider high value.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote