View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 11:58 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
I had Brimsek-Durnan last round at 5-6. Then Parent-Benedict a step behind them.

In my original list, I had Gardiner ahead of Benedict/Vezina (and Broda/Belfour for that matter too) because I remember TDMM finding a lot of stuff two ATDs ago about Gardiner being the best goalie ever to that time (therefore being better than Vezina/Benedict, who one would assume a lot of writers had also seen). That made up for the the longevity edge that the other two have in my opinion. Whether or not that holds, we'll see but that definitely stuck out in my mind.

Still not sure I'll have Broda ahead of any of those five this round. I'm throughly unimpressed with his regular season resume and contemporary articles don't seem to portray him much better. Plus, while his playoff resume is CLEARLY strong, only have one retro-Smythe seems odd to me and that's something else that I think needs discussed a little more. Just how big of a part of these teams was Broda?
If you value regular seasons that highly, then Esposito is arguably the best this round.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote