View Single Post
Old
05-19-2006, 09:41 AM
jester099

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey999
I'm 30. I suggest that people around here not accept mediocrity like they are doing currently. That's all.

For people to come on this board after the elimination and say "great season, guys", is an absolute joke.

We finished 15th in a 30 team league and lost in the first round without winning a home game. I don't consider that a good season.

There were some positives (Higgins, Komi etc) but I expect this team to attempt to greatly improve this team in the summer, like the Oilers did this past year.
10 games over .500 in a very competitive league with a team with 4 or five rookies in it ?

It's maybe not the best season ever, but you have very high standard if you think it was mediocre ?

In today's NHL, it's a fight just to make the playoffs. In my mind, mediocre teams don't make the playoffs.

Do you think we would have won the cup, or beat the Nords in 93 if Damphousse or Muller only plays the first 2 games of the first serie ? I highly doubt it.

**** happens, and it's not always in your control. We got beat by a very good team in a series where uncontrolable events went against us. And we put up quite a fight with a very young and inexperienced team.

Please stop the negative crap.

jester099 is offline   Reply With Quote