View Single Post
Old
05-19-2006, 10:46 AM
davey999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
And not accepting the mediocrity, how is that going to change anything? How is that going to help your blood pressure? It just depends on a person's perspective I guess. I look at it like... this is what it is, there is nothing I can do about it. I didnt look at last season as 'great', but it was kind of fun while it lasted. I am not a paying customer since I live in a different city, so I have no right to complain. If you are a season ticket holder, then the only thing you can really do is show your displeasure by not renewing. Otherwise. what's the point of complaining. Whining on a message board leads to nowhere.

Davey and some others are hung up on spending money on name acquisitions and think this is the best way to go. I for one dont think trying to sign every damn free agent out there is the right idea. We have come this far with youngsters so why not go one more year of trying to insert as many as you can and get the base down correctly. Just getting this guy and that guy is not a formula for success.

BTW, the Oilers finished 8th...that's some kind of improving from their 10th place finish of 03-04.
Flick a TV on, the Oilers are in the conference final.

With your logic, this board shouldn't exist. None of this has an effect on the team , just people with their opinions.

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote