View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 02:07 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
I think people are expecting certain prospects to make the jump too soon.

I think the roster will look something like this:

Moulson-Tavares-Boyes
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Bailey-Strome-Niederreiter
Ullstrom-Cizikas-Martin
Joensuu

Streit-Visnovsky
Donovan-Hamonic
Reinhart-MacDonald
Carkner

Nabokov
Poulin
DiPietro

Ultimately if all/some of Streit, Boyes, Nabokov, or Visnovsky are not resigned, other veterans that will bring the Isles above the cap floor will need to be picked up either via FA or trade. Not all prospects like Nelson, Halmo, Pedan, etc. will make it right away and require some time in the AHL.

Expect top prospects like Strome, Niederreiter, and Reinhart to fast track, as well as already groomed prospects like Cizikas, Ullstrom, and Donovan to make a push. Other than that, this rebuild is a slower process than some would probably like to see.
I think I have a better shot of banging Eva Mendes than seeing Brad Boyes re-signed. Also I think the "Nielsen as the 2nd line center" experiment is over. Even though he'll be a rookie, I fully expect Strome to be ahead of Nielsen on the depth chart. I also think it's pretty close to a 0% chance that Visnovsky re-signs. Maybe if they salvage a season and he enjoys playing here, but I'd still be surprised.

Agree on Strome, Nino and Reinhart though. I expect all 3 of them to be on this team in 2013/14.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote