View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 01:20 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Toronto is not a junior hockey town because we have 3 other professional sports teams in the city. Go to Swift Current or Moose Jaw or Belleville...it's the only thing going for them in those towns. Toronto is a hockey town, but with other professional league options junior hockey is just not big enough here to hold any weight in the city. I'm a born and raised Torontonian and I'd rather go to a Jays game, a Raptors game, an Argos game over watching the Steelheads or go to Brampton and watch the Battalion.
Toronto is a Leafs town - always has been. They don't support the Marlies worth a damn even when there is no other option available (attendance of 6,000 is a joke), and don't know junior hockey exists, unless it's the World Juniors and then it's only because it's "the place to be". Right now the Jays, Leafs, Rock, and Toronto FC aren't playing. The Raptors season just started, and the Argos season is winding down.

Quote:
Another good question is how many people in these small towns are just hockey fans and not sports fans? Do they follow the Raptors, do they follow the Jays, or is it junior hockey all year long?
Are you serious?

Well, us junior hockey fans follow other sports when Pa warms up the generator and we attach a real nice antenna to Ma's back kitchen.

For the record, most junior hockey fans I know are all round diehard sports fans. I can't believe that was a legitimate question...

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote