View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Konk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I think I have a better shot of banging Eva Mendes than seeing Brad Boyes re-signed. Also I think the "Nielsen as the 2nd line center" experiment is over. Even though he'll be a rookie, I fully expect Strome to be ahead of Nielsen on the depth chart. I also think it's pretty close to a 0% chance that Visnovsky re-signs. Maybe if they salvage a season and he enjoys playing here, but I'd still be surprised.

Agree on Strome, Nino and Reinhart though. I expect all 3 of them to be on this team in 2013/14.
Eva doesn't like gringos.

Second of all, you underestimate Snow's ability to resign a player, case in point Evgeni Nabokov. Either way, I did notate that if not all of Boyes/Visnovsky/etc. are resigned that other veterans will need to be. The main point is, those roster spots will not all be occupied by rookies, some veterans will be added/replaced.

Third, I think Strome will be eased in. Nielsen is a proven veteran and part of the core, he won't be pushed aside for a rookie. Strome will need to earn his way up, just like the other prospects that have been brought along the past few years. For example, Niederreiter was not handed a top 6 spot. Don't expect Strome to be any different.

If the Islanders would like to build a successful system like the Red Wings, Devils, etc. they need to start doing these things or they'll continue to rush and put prospects in positions to fail.

Konk is offline   Reply With Quote