View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 01:48 PM
crazycanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Of the two I prefer Harris although that may be somewhat coloured by their personalities. I think Cornish is one of the more unlikeable guys in the CFL. I also think that having Harris almost tied with Gore as our laeding receiver makes him more difficult to stop than Cornish.
In any event, other than the East West thing I have no issue with any of the nominations. Cornish had a great year with lesser quarterbacking and where he was the key to Calgary's offence and Sherritt also had an amazing year. It does, however, seem a little strange that the team who was head and shoulders above the rest of the league isn't in on any of the major awards. But that's just how things went this year with some record breaking years.
Cornish isn't a saint, but he's not a bad teamate in any sense. Cornish isn't one to sugar coat anything, and some people may not like that. He's also a bit immature (as shown by the full moon in Sask). But again he' not a horrible person.

The Stampeders don't use Cornish as a receiver as much as the Lions use Harris as one because Cornish's strength is rushing but that's not saying he's a bad receiver, he's just used as one as much.

It is very close as to who is the better player between Harris and Cornish.