View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 01:54 PM
WhiskeyYourTheDevils
yer leadin me astray

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
Every time I watch the kid I find myself trying to come up with a single NHL comparison but it always ends up being some Frankenstein concept of several different players. Last time I watched a junior aged player this unique was...well, guess who.

Connor's got the speed/explosiveness of Phil Kessel, the vision of RNH, and the hands of Pat Kane. His skillset is second to none, it's just some peripheral/physical things that need to evolve and he will be an absolute generational talent. He tends to get beat along the boards and in corners quite a bit but man, he's 15....if he can develop this side of his game, watch out.
Yea, he's a mish mash alright. I find that he thinks the game a lot like Crosby, but he doesn't have the same build. I'd argue that his skillset is on par or better than a lot of Sid's at the same age - specifically around shooting and puckhandling.

If I had to pick only one player to compare him to, it would be . . . Claude Giroux - though McDavid projects to be bigger and more explosive, and possibly more skilled. He's gonna be whale of a player. Best prospect since Crosby in my mind.