View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 03:00 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
No not really. The people of the Montreal area in Quebec have proven time and time again they won't support a minor league club or a junior team. That's just historical fact... Didn't work in Quebec City either. Why would it work in Laval now? They don't have a facility in place, the owner of the Bulldogs (who is also a part owner of the Habs) doesn't want to leave, and I believe one of the conditions of the new rink in Laval is that it doesn't receive Federal funding if it is occupied by a Junior or Pro team.

Quote from Andlauer (owner of the Bulldogs, part owner of the Habs)

"If the CH isn't on the shoulder patch in two years, so be it. However the Bulldog will remain on the front of the jersey in Hamilton."

I don't see the Habs severing ties with an owner from their organization to bring a team to Quebec - where they've never supported an AHL franchise.

There have been rumors of Bulldogs to Laval since 2008. It's old and just a fantasy of French fans who would like a similar setup to the Leafs organization with regards to proximity to their AHL franchise.
Andlauer gets the chance to put his money where his mouth is by making a bid that gives the Bulldogs priority in Copps Arena,which they should have after all the years the team has brought hockey to Hamilton.As a minor pro team bidding against a Junior team loaded for bear with "Connor McDavid " as ammunition,we will see how that goes in the near future.I hope the Bulldogs stay in Hamilton and the team is only going to get stronger as the Habs get stronger.