View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 02:07 PM
MoneyGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
So I dont really follow the CFL but the rumour making the rounds know is that tillman will become the GM of Toronto. Kind of makes him trading Ray there for nothing seem suspicous imo. But like I said have no real cfl knowledge besides watching 1 or 2 games a year.

Does this rumour have any legs or just people taking out their anger on tillman?
That rumour is stupid. There is little chance of Tillman ending up there. Tillman and Jim Barker, the current GM, are friends. Anyone who thinks that Tillman would trade a player there on the chance that he'd also go there one day is wildly delusional. I believe Terry Jones started it, and he's really stretching with that one.

However, there are only eight CFL teams (soon to be nine). if Barker quit or was fired, I suppose Tillman COULD end up there, but to suggest that he foresaw the events that would have to occur first and positioned the trade as prudent because of Ray's age and then thinking he'd like to have the guy when he's a year or two OLDER is crazy.

Think about it. It makes no sense.