View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 02:10 PM
PWJunior
That's what we do.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Great scouting job by the Isle's brain trust (how's that for an oxymoron). Obviously Ledoufous, Somerby, Graham and Bischoff are way better prospects than Zlobin. I mean, seriously ? They couldn't have taken a chance on this kid after scouting his teammate Kabanov all season long. At this point Zlobin is a better prospect than Kabanov. I know every team passed him up through 6 rounds, but look at who the hell we picked in rounds 4-7, if you're gonna throw away picks on day 2, and take a chance on nobodies, might as well try to actually pick a guy who has talent. Watch Zlobin become a 40 goal scorer riding shotgun with Crosby.
Listen scott, we get it. You're not a fan of the draft selections. Zlobin went in the 7th round, we're not talking about someone we passed over in the 2nd round. I highly doubt he's going to score 40 in the NHL, those days of Rob Brown types doesn't happen too much anymore. Zlobin is not a Federov/Lidstrom that someone lucked out in the late rounds. If he does turn out that way, I'll be happy to eat my words. I don't plan on doing that though.

Rather that dwell on that, wouldn't it be more productive to focus on the players that are in the system. Those names you mentioned are projects and will probably not pan out, but that's what you should expect from selecting them that late.