View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 02:36 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
I wonder how much Isles scouts are paying attention to Griff's teammate Curtis Lazar. He is a center who has a wicked shot, shoots lazars and has an amazing motor. He'll probably anywhere from 5-15 in the draft. If he falls it will be because of his numbers, which could end up low because there are veterans that currently carrying the offensive load. I wouldn't be suprised to see his numbers climb next year when he gets more scoring minutes. I would put him at four on my ranking.

MacKinnon
Jones
Barkov
Lazar
Pulock
Monahan
so on...
I'm a big fan of Lazar. I don't think he's at the level of the names above, but I love his style of play. The Shane Doan comparisons, me likey and me likey a lot. I like that he's a RH shot too as the Isles don't have many.

I've said it before, I see the biggest needs as a sniper and another stud d-man. I salivate for MacKinnon and Jones obviously as either one would be BPA AND fill our most glaring needs, but I prefer people like Ristolainen, Pulock, Shinkaruk, and the two centers (Monahan and Barkov) over Lazar. I might change my mind as the season goes, but that's what I'd like to see.

We have a pretty good system, but I don't see a pure sniper in there. We did draft Reinhart, but adding another stud blueliner to the mix would just increase our chances of filling that glaring hole back there. 2 chances at hitting is much better than putting all the eggs in one basket. If you add Mayfield, then that's 3 chances at hitting. Just how I see it.