View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Shady Machine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
I don't see it that way. The 10/11 season was also tough on Malkin, Dupers, Neal, and Staal's too. Just about every player rebounded from that season in 2012. The key (and it is fairly obvious) is that point totals are highly dependent on ice time. TK has his best point total despite it being one of his poorer seasons. Why? He was given just slightly more icetime on the PP. This is such a huge factor to point totals.

In general, that team was offensively strapped due to the lack of Malkin/Crosby games played that created waves throughout the offensive ranks. I also remember them playing a much more defensive minded game to try to compensate for the lack of talent at center. There are many factors that could cause a drop and it wasn't just isolated to TK. When Letestu is your #2 center, I don't think any wing (like TK) is going to have good numbers.

The key is not to discount the other 3 seasons of good results because 1 season is slightly out of line. I didn't discount Malkin after his 10/11 season, and I wouldn't do to TK either.
Fair enough. It's obvious you take these statistics much more seriously than I or many other posters do so there's no point in discussing it any further. Hopefully hockey is back soon so we can watch TK instead of debating his advanced stats.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote