View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Static

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
::: Head scratching ::: I numbered the paragraphs in the quotes to better respond to each.

1. Joe signed a one year, $6 million contract this past season.

2. I don't comprehend your "small sample size" reference. I listed a Joe vs Dan stats with the Angels. Unless you're saying the Angels are not part of the American conference.

3. You bash on Joe despite the numbers shown in the stat that compares him to our $15.5 million dollar man Dan Haren that reveal Joe is better. Then you continue to bash him without giving out any actual solutions. I gave out two pitchers and their projected price range, both RHPs. I gave my own projected price range, and was generous in my projection, which would be a great deal for a #4 pitcher or #5 pitcher depending on Richards' work. And the reason why to go after Joe in order to afford an actual Ace.

I don't get it your response because it looks as though you didn't read anything i wrote besides Joe Saunders. I never stated he was an ace, but great at #4 in the bullpen because of his left hand. But your (negative) comment about Joe could be about Dan or Santana. Did you see what Joe did in his time with Baltimore and in the playoffs? Yeah, he looks terrible... for a number #4 starter. Unless you're comfortable with Jerome Williams as the #4/#5. Who else would you go after? BTW, Joe is just one pitcher and not my only choice.
1) Why do I care what he made last season? This is a different market, one with far less pitching talent available. Supply and demand.

2) What does Dan Haren have to do with anything? I'm not getting why you are even bringing him up. Haren didn't come close to living up to what he was paid last year...so...what does that have to do with Joe Saunders? The small sample size was in response to his Baltimore numbers. Phil Coke had a great five game stretch as a starting pitcher last year too. So what.

3) I don't know why you are giving me winning percentage stats as if they are meaningful at all when it comes to pitchers. They aren't. At all.

4) Even if the Angels are only looking for a number four, they probably shouldn't be going after a guy that is going to get paid over his value. Buying at SP after Greinke in this market just isn't smart.

And by the way, even despite his terrible year, advanced stats show that Dan Haren was still a better pitcher, and in a much tougher division, in a much tougher league. So, yeah. Saunders no good.