View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 04:40 PM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Amazing overall 2nd line pivot, a first pairing d-man and a bit of cap space? We could do worse. But like I said later, I'd do Yandle + Hanzal for Gagner + Yakupov.

Hall-Hopkins-Hemsky
MPS-Hanzal-Eberle

Nothing wrong with that top six.

Yandle-Schultz
Petry-Smid

Loving that top 4

Heck, if this year is written off add Marincin and Klefbom as the third pairing and I like the size, speed, scoring upside and athleticism we've got on the back end.

Hartikainen-Lander-Pitlick <<<--- That's a REAL checking line. Probably not NHL ready until the 14/15 season, thought. Till then sub Pitlick and Lander with Horcoff and Smyth.

IMO, that's a playoff team going forward. If Scultz, Klefbom, Hall, Eberle and Hopkins are for real, we've got nothing to worry about.
here's the thing, Thadd....the Oil promised to do what the fans apparently wanted and that was to build a team from the draft as much as possible and they are doing it and i thank them for it ! no more chasing big UFA's only to have them say "no thank you"....no more fruit baskets and discs on how lovely Edmonton is and no trading for star players who want out at years end. these boards are very entertaining to read, some of these proposals are ridiculous to say the least, but i'm glad we are being tight fisted with not only our current roster players but our draft choices and seeing what they can do before we go and make trades.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote