11-07-2012, 04:49 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
The Republicans really need to do some serious soul searching after this election.

I firmly believe that this is the beginning of a 'new' Republican Party or, preferably, a splinter that would involve a legitimate third party introduced. The difference in the election came down to this much - the Democrats can get all sides of the left to vote in unison as much for their guy as they can against the other guy...meanwhile the Republicans are beating each other up and sliding into extremist corners that not only doesn't win Independent voters over, it alienates people who typically vote Republican. There's just too much of a difference between Libertarians and the Religious Right to fall under an umbrella of a single party.

I'm happy. I'm happier that they lost more than we won, mind you. As long as Congress is run by extremist dolts who refuse to acknowledge that the person on the other side of the aisle is an actual human being nothing is going to be accomplished.
I don't think the Republicans have to change too much. I just think people's mindset of "give me things" needs to change. People will vote in the masses for who will give them the most. It boggles my freaking mind. Whoever is extending unemployment and giving additional welfare is going to be voted on. It's just the way our country works right now.

It's quite sickening.