View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
I remember. And I remember being mystified when Hlavac bounced around the league afterwards because I thought he was a top shelf forward.

In reality, that was a bunch of 2nd/3rd liners who had great chemistry.
Hlavac and Dvorak were 2nd liners (for some parts of their career you could make the argument they were 3rd liners), Nedved a 1st liner. Pretty much was all about the chemistry too, Hlavac and Dvorak never even came close to producing like they did that year with Nedved. Definitely not the Rangers best 1st line, but it was without a doubt probably the best 1st line they had in terms of chemistry. The three Czechs just clicked when they were together. They were one of the few lines that stayed together almost throughout the whole season.

I would love to see Nash, Richards, and Gaborik on a line. I wouldn't expect them to stick all season long, but you got to put them together at some point. You have three superstar players, you should use it to your advantage. And then you still have good secondary scoring with: Stepan, Kreider, Callahan and Hagelin. Regardless of what Tort does, the Rangers will do great.
Just so many possibilities.

Scimitars of Drizzt is offline   Reply With Quote