View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 05:32 PM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucey View Post
It's pretty apparent that Rundblad is gifted Offensively but seems to be struggling defensively (expected). Has the thought ever occurred to anyone that maybe he could be an effective forward? Kinda like what Biznasty did, except Rundblad could attempt to be an effective playmaker/sniper or whatever. Just a thought.
I guess in Sweden the 5th forward approach works better, what with the larger ice and all. That doesn't fly here in NA. Look at Mike Green. I think what complicates matters is that Rundblad is walking into a defensively minded team/coaching staff. He sticks out like a sore thumb. I have no doubt that he'd put up a crap load of points with someone like the Oilers or Senators. But for the Coyotes, he may never be as useful as his talent hints at.

I really hope he wakes up, or that they send Burke down there to ride him like a broken pony. He has the potential to lift our PP right out of mediocrity/hilarity. Plus, he's just fun to watch. Others have brought up that he is still young and the parallels with Yandle, but Yandle had at least an inkling of defense running through him.