View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
No disrespect to Phillips - who I like - but a guy who knowledgeable junior observers consider arguably the best shutdown defensemen in junior hockey, who has done nothing but improve since the draft, including a Mem Cup berth and a spot on Team Canada's WJC shutdown pairing, won't be moved one-for-one for Phillips.
Those are all fine and dandy accomplishments for a young player, but teams value how their game will translate to the NHL more.

Phillips is still considered a better NHL prospect than Harrington, who is purely a shutdown guy at the next level.

Phillips has more upside, and while Harrington will probably carve out a role in the NHL, Phillips has higher upside.

edit: The more I think about it, the more I think that you're right on this one. While I still feel Phillips is probably (rather guessing according to most prospect lists) the more valued prospect around the league (1st round draft pick and all), I wouldn't be surprised if the Pens would say no to that swap because they don't really have a prospect like Harrington in their system. I feel something around Maatta would be better.

Last edited by Roo Mad Bro: 11-07-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote