Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Prospect Talk PART IV
View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Jester9881

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Great scouting job by the Isle's brain trust (how's that for an oxymoron). Obviously Ledoufous, Somerby, Graham and Bischoff are way better prospects than Zlobin. I mean, seriously ? They couldn't have taken a chance on this kid after scouting his teammate Kabanov all season long. At this point Zlobin is a better prospect than Kabanov. I know every team passed him up through 6 rounds, but look at who the hell we picked in rounds 4-7, if you're gonna throw away picks on day 2, and take a chance on nobodies, might as well try to actually pick a guy who has talent. Watch Zlobin become a 40 goal scorer riding shotgun with Crosby.
You have to factor in the Islanders current situation as far as space is concerned. They have a ton of prospects and not enough room for all of them. IMO, taking a chance on promising but raw prospects that are years away from being in the AHL was the right move to make. Somerby is probably a good 5 years away.

Next year, you're going to see Pedan, Kichton, Pelech and possibly Reinhart and Pokka all added to BP. We've already got a goaltender playing in Europe because we have no room for him and let some decent prospects go (Spurgeon).

It's not a bad problem to have. If it annoys you, I've got a perfect remedy for ya.... open up our list of top prospects now, and compare it to the one from 5-6 years ago.