View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 08:13 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Others have brought up that he is still young and the parallels with Yandle, but Yandle had at least an inkling of defense running through him.
I promise you that it didn't look like it at the time. He looked pretty lost. I'm breaking my promise, and I'll embarrass rt a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I don't like seeing Yandle getting top four minutes most of the potential line-ups. He didn't show us anything to suggest that he's ready for 20+ minutes a night, last season. In fact, for most of the year, he looked like an AHLer in the NHL. I'm not writing him off, in fact I felt like a Yandle apologist, around here, for much of last season. I think he's got bit time potential, but at the same time, I think he got more second chances last season than he deserved. I wanted him sent down all year, despite being a big fan. I think he'll be better this season, but not top four better.

That general mood was after Yandle had played half a season with the big club (and a cup of coffee the year before). Rundblad has thirty games under two different coaches/teams in comparative experience as he adjusts to the smaller rink and is a year younger than Yandle was at that point.

I'm not suggesting Rundblad will end up as reliable as Yandle, but it also isn't impossible. He also has more offensive flair than Yandle. I don't know that he's ready for prime time, but I'm certainly not ready to give up on him.