View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFu View Post
I posted it before: The Islanders are bad and have been terrible for most of the last two decades. Multiple owners and GMs. The constant is their inferior arena and horrible lease (we'll see how Brooklyn pans out). The same measures of "no improvement" for NYI aren't due to not developing a fan base. Their fans chanted "S-M-G Set Us Free." And when they didn't, stopped going to games. That's a savvy fan base to realize they're not going to pay SMG to watch the Islanders..
... yes, I know you "posted it before" and I also know your a die-hard Islanders fan. And sorry Kev, I dont see it getting any better for them in Brooklyn. Your simply rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.... that is one franchise that should never have been given birth. Its only raison d'etre for existence being the now long outdated and completely misguided belief held by a Rebel League that top end hockey would thrive in a bedroom community. Even through the Salad Days of multiple Cups they were losing money.... Mike Bossy, now working as a DJ on CHOM FM's "Electric Lunch Hour" out of Montreal admits as much. Its a ridiculous location for a franchise. And if you wanna hold tight to principals, refusing to pay respect to MSG & the Rangers, its proper place and history in the league, thats your problem. The tri-state region is oversaturated. Jersey existing only because Philly, the Isles & MSG Inc collected some free coin when the Rockies moved in. Nothing to do with "footprint" or even basic common sense. So here we are.

Killion is online now   Reply With Quote