View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 09:05 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
if you remember i had picked them also as a possible surprise. Not a surprise to me, but surprise based on teams being mentioned as contenders. Do i think they can compete with halifax, quebec, blainville and moncton?? no! but, i do think they can be anywhere from 5-8th. If you look at all teams that are lining up for big years next year, IMO, they are at the top of the pile. Zykov is only 17 and his success only makes it easier for BC to recruit another euro. They have had issues getting euros the past 3-4 years. They hold 2 first round picks in the next 2 drafts. Their starting goalie is 17 and very, very consistent. Not stellar often, but consistent. And the 4 teams mentionned above are all gunning for it this year. Some will still be pretty good next year (halifax), but i dont think they will be quite as good as they are now. The other big/significant pick up was their coach! The approach of their team has completely changed. They have a quiet confidence about them. They are the most disciplined team in the league. He has brought them to another level and with him having won before, he will know how to handle the team next year.
Kudos to Steve Ahern for turning things around.. They looked like they were cooked after the MacKinnon deal..

IHaveNoCreativity is online now   Reply With Quote