Thread: Confirmed with Link: Sakic 2012 HHOF Inductee
View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Kloparren
Hth

vCash: 500
Slightly OT but do you guys think Theo Fleury deserves to get in? I think the hall of fame requirements are too stringent, even Lindros isn't in there. Fleury was one of the best players of the 90s for sure and also probably the best undersized player in the modern era. I remember slightly seeing him when he played with us (and played well) and how he looked like an elite fwd. And if a guy like that can't get in then it's sad to think that a guy like Hejduk won't get in despite having twelve 20 goal+ seasons and will probably eclipse the 800 pts mark despite playing in the dead puck era and dead puck era 2.0. Also won a Richard, Olympic Gold, and Stanley Cup for those who look at hardware. I mean Hejduk has to be one of the "famous" players from the past decade and if Fleury won't make it then what hope does the Duke have. Same goes for Adam Foote, had to have been one of the best defensive dmen between the mid 90s/2000s and he for sure won't get in. Scott Stevens is the only defensive dman (became one around the mid 90s) I can think who was equal or better to Foote at that.

Btw funny pic I found of Fleury, Paul Kariya wasn't exactly tall so this is interesting:

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote