View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I think there is a LOT of difference among all 3. Walters has the potential to be a very solid defensive defenceman in The NHL. IF he reaches his potential of being a solid #4 or, possibly, even #3 (despite maybe scoring only 10-17 points per year), he'll likely be more valuable to The Blues than Peluso or Gardiner.
yea, I agree. I think play wise and potential wise each one of those three is different. Play style wise, Gardiner is a center with decent size, and can use that to his advantage. He played a solid two-way game for the Saints in the USHL last year. I think Gardiner has potential to be a taller Ryan Johnson type player; someone who won't score much, but uses their specific skill set to their advantage. Peluso is a tough guy who won't be more than a 4th liner. He does offer decent ability to get in front of the net, but I do not think he will differ from other tough guys in the league. I'm not as high on Walters as a lot of people are here. Yea, he plays a nasty D game, but I do not think that will translate to the pros. His +/- is terrible, and he over commits way too much.

I voted for Cundari, but I think Gardiner is a close second. I was impressed with Barriball last year in his AHL stint, but I think his age will limit him.

Last edited by Daley Tarasenkshow: 11-07-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote