View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 01:12 AM
EvenSteven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
I see Gilbert being the first one asked for, but he has, for me anyways, played himself into a position as close to untouchable as you can get.

Genovese unfortunately is probably the d-man with the least trade value currently.

I agree, but if we are going to be trying to acquire high end players betwen now and the deadline the d-man they'll ask for 1st is Gilbert and the forward they'll want is Bailey.

If we get into a bidding war for, say, Trochek, Spott may offer a package of Sterk and/or Genovese and 2 or 3 picks between rounds 4 and 6. Because Spott can't sweeten that deal because our cupboard is almost empty of high picks, Saginaw may reply that to complete the deal, Spott has to turn Sterk into Bailey or Pederson and/or Genovese into Gilbert.

Other teams may be able to get away with sending their vertions of Genovese and/or Sterk because they can also send 2 or 3 second rounders.

Whatever happens, if Spott is going to really make noise leading up to the deadline, it's going to take one or more young, popular players leaving town. (Kadri/Varone/Tarasuk come to mind)