View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 01:56 AM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
The problem with Columbus is they are terrible, and have been terrible since they came into the league. That's no way to grow a market, I don't think the Canucks would draw well (they didn't in the late 90's) with that kind of team. So, you can keep throwing money at them but it isn't going to work, because it's a poorly run business. I wouldn't give them revenue sharing until they got their **** together.
No expansion team wins in their first year. You need to look at the early CBJ attendance numbers. They were good. They haven't been good since the fanbase caught on to how badly hockeyops was run. Your argument completely overlooks their early success in attendance. This is very tiresome to hear arguments with faulty premises. The other issue is that there are only a handful of markets (mostly Canadian) that can sustain a poor hockeyops side to the org.

I agree that their are certain teams with bad hockey ops, but they aren't limited to currently weak markets. I wouldn't want hockeyops from Calg, TO or Edm anywhere near SJ.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote