View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 03:03 AM
Elvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Are you telling me that Gary Roberts or Guerin or Brind'Amour or Andrechyuk were "average" or even decent? No, they were all pretty great players...okay maybe Andrechyuk/Roberts are debatable since they was never really elite all-stars unlike the others who all were at some point for multiple seasons. Are you saying that Lindros and Fleury weren't unique players in terms of what they did (with their size and style of play)?

But at the same time, the longetivity and career production longetivity of Andrechyuk or Guerin or Brind'Amour is damn impressive and that alone should get them in. You also can't use the 4 per year argument because the amount of stars that retire per year fluctuates of course. I think it's ridiculous that there's a set number. There should be a 4 minimum and 6 or 7 maximum because in some years you have more than that worthy of getting in but they never do get in because they keep getting pushed back or forgotten (Makarov being a good case of that).

Let's not forget that it's the hall of fame, all those players above were "famous" for long periods of time and are notable marks in NHL history.
Bill Guerin never even reached 70 points in a season. If longetivity is enough to get Roberts and Guerin in, then Ray Whitney should be a lock and I don't know about that...

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote