View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 09:06 AM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan87 View Post
There's nothing to worry about there, I think. If we can see how good those 2 players are, I think Bergevin, Timmins and co. also can.

To be honest, unlike most of the people here, I don't have my mind set on ABSOLUTELY drafting Drouin, which I think is mainly because he is quebecer. Of course, he would complement well Gally but any enough talented player to follow the latter on the ice would do so because Gally makes everyone around him better. He doesn't ABSOLUTELY need someone like Drouin who also makes everyone around him better.

The franchise needs at least another player at least of the caliber of Galchenyuk to really become a true perennial Stanley Cup contender, IMO. Some peope may not agree with me and that's ok but that's what I think. My favorite prospect in next year's draft for the habs is MacKinnon and that's nothing to do with the hype or because he is north american. It's more because I like the fact that he's a highly skilled RIGHT HANDED center who can be a catalyst on a team (the fact that he's a player who plays with power is just a bonus) and Montreal has presently no one who is even close to that in the entire organization. I know that the odds of drafting him would likely be very low if there's a lottery like in 2005 so let's hope there's a season to see where It leads the habs.
Not to put you on the spot, but out of curiosity, how much better than Galchenyuk do you think MacKinnon will be?