View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
I think both Houston and Seattle are interesting targets for exactly that reason. Seattle creates a regional rivalry with Vancouver, Houston with Dallas. These rivalries will help stabilize the new markets and give them a quick identity in the league that will help market them.

I think Houston is better in that sense than Quebec, and Seattle is a push. Quebec may renew a rivalry with the Habs, but the Habs don't need the help, so it doesn't help two franchises like Houston and Seattle do.

I prefer Houston to Seattle these days because Vancouver doesn't need THAT much help either -- although a real bitter rivalry to harden their fans and get them into something closer to what East Coast hockey looks like would probably do that franchise some good for reasons other than gate revenue. Houston could be the making of the Stars as well as the Houston franchise. And unlike many of the other contenders they already have a viable venue at hand -- the one the Houston Rockets use.
I'll tell you this right now, The Quebec-Montreal rivalry would generate much more money than Houston-Dallas. Not only that but Quebec has a media Empire in Quebecor just waiting to make gangbusters on this and generate tons of cash for the league.

This is almost cold, hard fact as you will ever have. Stop living in a science-fiction World, Dojji. Going to Houston would be irresponsible and dangerous.