Old
11-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Are you telling me that Gary Roberts or Guerin or Brind'Amour or Andrechyuk were "average" or even decent? No,
Good that you answered your own question correctly. I can't help but notice the word "average" is in quotations marks as if someone called these players "average" but the only unmodified use of "average" in this thread is what I've quoted above. So, it's good that we established that that never happened with this little self Q&A session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
You also can't use the 4 per year argument because the amount of stars that retire per year fluctuates of course.
I think you can, because those are the rules.

Now I'll just take a chance here and maybe I'm wrong (if I'm not, you might make it a point to make me wrong, but at least you'll learn in the process and I'll call it a win)...but I would guess that you only think these "very good" players were "great" (like Guerin and Andreychuk and Roberts) because a) the amount of stats they accumulated and/or b) they happened to play for some portion of your life time.

I say this because, you don't seem terribly gung-ho about say, Herb Cain or Cecil Dillon for instance...one might assume (incorrectly perhaps?) that because there aren't enough commas in their respective fourth columns, they don't receive adequate recognition...

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote