View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Kloparren
Hth

vCash: 500
Guerin never had a 70 point season? My mistake but he for sure was one of the best American fwds of the 90s/00s (up there in that Amonte, Roenick, Weight, Modano, Tkachuk, Leclair group) and he was pretty dominant and also a good goal scorer. I wouldn't mind at all if he got in. Gary Roberts was never really a 1st liner unlike Guerin (and I guess you can say the same for Whitney excluding Phx). I don't see Andrechyuk as a star though his career totals are pretty damn good but he was never really a star unlike Guerin. Guerin had like twice as many All Star game appearances too not that that should ever be used as a criteria but just saying my point that the guy was an NHL star for a decent length of time which should be the main criteria for getting in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
None of the guys you mentioned had near the level of notoriety as Fleury. He was kicked out of the league for crying out loud. He won't make it.
He didn't get kicked out for doing steroids ffs and his influence on hockey is probably greater than many of the guys already in there. Also who was the best small player of all time in hockey? Fleury. I guess you can say Henri Richard or Ted Lindsay or Cournoyer who might have been better at their time relative to other players but in terms of pure skill it has to be Fleury and he was the first one to do it in the tougher dead puck 90s.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote