11-08-2012, 11:41 AM
LuckyDay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence View Post
him and linden's should be the only #'s retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
Great news. Still a little odd that Naslund got up there before him, but the wrong will hopefully be righted.
The difference between Bure and and the men's number that are hanging there, and the original #11 that is not, is called character. These men were the heart and soul of the team. All these men did everything that was asked of them and more without complaint.

Also, Bure should not be in the HHOF - his mob connections are an embarrassment to our sport. His connection is something he promoted (in Russia) and never apologized for.

Still an exciting player when you could get him motivated to actually put his skates on.

If Bert will be forever tainted and never get up there because of one terrible incident why is Bure not afforded the same for something he continued to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Anarchy View Post
There is no debating this. Best player in franchise history.

However, after Daniel and Henrik, I don't want to see another jersey retired for at least 20 years.
I guess you missed the part of about the mob connections and walking away from team and spitting on the city - also walking away from his $10 million contract. Alexei Yashin wasn't alllowed to, why was he?

see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson View Post
I don't agree with retiring Bure's number at all.

I agree that he was the most exciting, talented player to ever pull on a Canucks sweater.

He also demanded a trade virtually as soon as he arrived here, really only had 3 great seasons as a Canuck, and eventually walked out on a signed contract.

This is the player were going to bestow our greatest honour on?
this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
It's about time! The only Vancouver Canuck draft pick to ever enter the Hockey Hall of Fame.
I guess you forgot about Cam Neely. We should start another Barry Pederson thread to see if it competes.

Bure fans should make the above their avatar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_B...ia_connections

LuckyDay is offline   Reply With Quote