View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 12:24 PM
dyzfunctioned

vCash: 500
Haven't played my Dynasty much as I've been playing GM Connected... but here's an update.

2017-18 Oilers Season

49-21-2, 1st in West, 2nd in League

Lost in first round of Playoffs to PHX Coyotes who went on to win the Cup for the second year straight (with Mike Smith winning Conn Smythe second year straight - this guy just goes beast mode in playoffs!).

Top Scorers:

Jordan Eberle (36G, 60A, 96P) - Eberle had a huge breakout season (having never topped 78 points before) winning the Art Ross trophy with 96 points and leading the Oilers in scoring by a fair margin. Eberle went absolutely beast mode in the last 6 games of the season - get this, I'm simming and my leading goal scorer is Hall with 26 goals. So naturally, Eberle can't have more than 26. I finish simming the last 6 games of the season and Eberle finishes with 36 goals. So he scored at least 10 goals in the final 6 games, and that's assuming he was at 26 goals (could very well have been under 25).

RNH (24G, 60A, 84P) - Returned to above point per game levels.

Yakupov (25G, 46A, 71P)

Malcolm Subban finished with a 2.00 GAA and .934 SV% to win the Ted Lindsay and Vezina for the second straight year.

Off-season Notes and Acquistions:

RNH bumped up to a 90 OVR, as did Eberle and Morissey.

MacKinnon has been frustrating as hell - finally got him up to a 71 after all these years, then struggled on the top line in the AHL. Demoted him to second line where he thrived, and he dropped back to 69. Ugh. Still 5* but this guy just isn't developing.

Hall had a second brutal year posting only 26 goals and 29A for 55 points despite playing top line and top PP with Eberle and RNH who both had impressive years. Bartschi also struggled yet again posting similiar totals.

Due to Hall's lackluster play in the past two seasons, Oilers management decided it was time for some changes. They shipped out Hall, a 4* prospect, and a 2nd for Jamie Benn who will be the new 1st line Center.

With Sam Reinhart's Development it was time to move Jordan Staal out. He's been huge for my team, leading the Oil in +/- most years while putting up 50+ points year in year out as the 2nd line center. Tough to move him, especially for so little (Staal + 2nd for a 4.5* 70 OVR prospect), but Reinhart needed more minutes and I can't justify $6M on a 3rd line center, especially with several other C in the pipeline.

Callahan asked for a big pay raise so I shipped him off for Chris Stewart.

Start of 2018-2019 Season

Benn (88) - RNH (90) - Eberle (90)
Bartschi (85) - Reinhart (83) - Yakupov (84)
MPS (81) - Lazar (83) - Stewart (82)
Jeffrey (78) - Dubinsky (83) - Keller (81)

Morissey (90) - Ekblad (87)
Petry (86) - Reinhart (86)
Schultz (82) - Leddy (80)

Subban (86)
Bunz (83)

Minors:

MacKinnon (69 OVR, 5*)
Rask (79 OVR, 4*)
Loffey (70 OVR, 4.5*)
Dumba (71 OVR, 4*)
Hamilton (72 OVR, 4*)
Ristolainen (70 OVR, 3.5*)
Murphy (70 OVR, 2.5*)
Foote (81 OVR, 3.5*)
Galchenyuk (68 OVR, 2.5*)

Also interesting note: Huberdeau was a free agent this year, and apparently Florida misdeveloped the hell out of him. 73 OVR 3*...

Have such a logjam at C. Before the off-season I had:

RNH (90, 4* gold)
Staal (85, 4* white)
Reinhart (83, 4.5* gold)
Dubinsky (83, 3.5* white)
Lazar (83, 4.5* red)
Rask (79, 4* gold)
MacKinnon (71 OVR, 5* gold)

Traded away Staal for scraps to make room for Lazar and since he's red I'd really like to get him in a top 6 role but have no room. Rask will be ready for big time next year too and maybe MacKinnon sometime.