View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 12:27 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
I know I pump Rielly's tires a lot and make the videos and such, but it would be foolish to overlook the fact that Morgan DID get caught up the ice a lot last night. I think anyone who watched the game would agree.

I do think he needs to rein it in a bit 5 on 5. On the PP and 4 on 4, he's dynamite... absolutely lethal. 5 on 5 I think he should use the rest of the year to focus on the defensive side of his game.

He's got an Erik Karlsson like ability and mind to know when to join the rush and pressure offensively, but he doesn't quite have Karlsson's ability to identify when to bail out and get back just yet. It hasn't come back to bite him yet because, well...he's so much better than everyone else in the WHL that he rarely gets caught. At the next level, I think he might get a wake up call when he's not able to do whatever he wants with the puck down low in the o-zone and he'll find himself caught more often.
He's one of the go to guys offensively on Moose Jaw this season, so perhaps Stothers will overlook some of the turnovers (from the games I have watched he hardly ever gets caught up or giveaways the puck, except in games against Red Deer and Prince Albert).