View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Nordique

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
I disagree. Dubi seems to be at his best as one of the focal points. His best season (year before last), Richards hadn't arrived yet and Gaborik missed extended time (and didn't play well when he wasn't injured). Dubinsky led the team in scoring. The year before that, Gaborik was awesome, but nobody else did much besides him, Prospal and Dubinsky.

I get your argument, and normally I would agree with the logic, but Dubinsky's track record just shows that he doesn't quite fit that mold. I still think that a big part of his slump from last season was the fact that Torts immediately pulled him down to the bottom 6 (while other players like Anisimov, Callahan, and Richards got copious chances to redeem themselves). Put Dubi in the mix, and he'll come through.
I agree, and I think its very similar to the situation with Jack Johnson. These are players that don't want to be rank and file role players on great teams, they'd rather be leading a bad team on the path to recovery. They want the pressure, they perform better when they feel it.

This is the first season in many years that I don't have serious concerns about the locker room. I'm sure there are a few disgruntled players in there, but not like the problems we had in years past.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote