View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Stansfield*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I see you have conveniently left out the first 9 years of his career. You know, the best ones. I don`t see how adjusting from being a scorer in one`s prime to being a role player as a veteran is a negative. The dude played for over 20 years. Over 600 career goals, almost 700 career assists. Those numbers alone scream HOF.
Andreychuk's top 20 goal and point finishes
goals: 4, 9, 12, 17, 18
Legendary! Those finishes almost put Brad Boyes, Matt Moulson, and Johnathan Cheechoo to shame. And of those only the 12, 16 and 17 place finishes were in Buffalo, so much for "the best ones."

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Guerin never had a 70 point season? My mistake but he for sure was one of the best American fwds of the 90s/00s (up there in that Amonte, Roenick, Weight, Modano, Tkachuk, Leclair group) and he was pretty dominant and also a good goal scorer. I wouldn't mind at all if he got in. Gary Roberts was never really a 1st liner unlike Guerin (and I guess you can say the same for Whitney excluding Phx). I don't see Andrechyuk as a star though his career totals are pretty damn good but he was never really a star unlike Guerin. Guerin had like twice as many All Star game appearances too not that that should ever be used as a criteria but just saying my point that the guy was an NHL star for a decent length of time which should be the main criteria for getting in.
If Guerin get's in they'll have to change the name of the Hall of Fame, because there was nothing famed about his career. And he was clearly not in the Roenick, Modano, Tkachuk, Leclair tier.

Stansfield* is offline   Reply With Quote