View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 01:16 PM
leftwinger37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool16 View Post
I second this. As an added bonus sometimes you'll wake up at night, see the outline in the dark and think someone is in the apartment. Seriously though, just leave it there for a day or so, in the corner, and buy a cheap spray from a sports store and you won't have to worry about smell. You also won't have to take up the entire bathroom with hockey gear hanging off everything!
I just got one of these metal gear trees and keep it in my laundry room. When I used for the first time, my wife said she came down to the basement to do laundry and thought there was an intruder... Totally almost lost her s**t.

But to stay on topic, I had a whole room in which I could lay everything out when I lived in an apartment. Now that I am in my new house I have limited space to dedicate to my equipment, hence the gear tree. I put my helmet, shouldies, jock, socks, girdle, shell, shin liners, and elbow pads on the tree and prop my shin guards next to it. I invested in a Maxx-Dry XL glove and boot dryer for my gloves and skates (BTW, this may be the best hockey related purchase I have made). These items really only take up the corner of a room and allow your gear to dry out properly. As long as you get wet gear out of the bag as quickly as possible (I know, I know, the last thing you want to do as soon as you get home) and you dry it in an area with at least marginal air circulation, smell will never be an issue... assuming it doesn't already smell, of course.

leftwinger37 is offline   Reply With Quote