View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well it would make sense because it releases them from a horrible contract, but that would be a hefty price to buy out ; Lecavalier has 45M remaining on his contract starting next year. Not exactly a cheap buy out.
Guy like Gomez however, has a big cap, with one remaining year at 4.5M, easy target.

But I'm not convinced this amnesty buyout will work. Seems to only favor rich owners.
The problem seems to be making the players whole on their contracts and amnesty buyouts make it easier for that to happen because it makes some players whole by buying them out while still leaving cap space and cap money for the rest of the players.

Having the rich owners throw some more coin in the pot was one thing Fehr wanted to see, so I don't think either side has an issue with buyouts happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
If the rich owners are the ones targeted for footing the bill of teams who shouldn't be in this league then you can bet that it won't matter whether the buyout clause only favours them. This is what the players want? The money we spend on the habs used to foot the bill of the likes of Shea Weber in Nashville. It personally disgusts me, but it seems the players' ranting has been getting into some people's heads.
Nashville matched Philadelphia's offer, Nashville has been a responsible team in terms of spending money wisely and responsibly.