View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
After game 2 some of my observations:
Shenfeild: Absolutely useless at this level, too soft, not enough skill, keep him home
Kapustin: Also not good enough for this level, has done nothing on the top line but make too many mistakes.
Nesterov: Wow was he bad. He got beat on the same pinch play 3 times, coughed up the puck a number of times and got beat several other times, ouch.
Kokhlachev: Has been a ghost, him and Yakupov looked terrible together, the line needs to be broken up, Koko should have been sent to the VHL to regain his scoring confidence.
Yakupov: Did not look good in game 2, too many try to do it yourself plays.. He didn't utilize his teamates well at all, that may be because the line has horrible chemistry all together... I fear that Yak is no Kuznetsov, who was able to pull out a great play out of nowhere to put his team back in the game. From what I seen of Yakupov when the going gets tough he struggles a bit. I hope he proves what I say wrong.

Dyakov: Biggest surprise for me, very strong back there, physical, limited errors, good offensive touch.
Tkachev: Looks like he will make a useful role player, showed terrific skill on his goal.
Shalunov: Has shown well in the summer and now, a very creative player.
Nicushkin: Didn't think he would be physically mature enough to play at this level, but he definitely is, was barrowling through checks.
Kucherov: He is badly needed, at least on the powerplay. Get him and Grigo together, maybe Grigo will wake up.
Slepyshev: Need him too.
Although what you say is true, I don't agree with judging players based on playing in an undersized rink (even for NA standards) during acclimatization! This whole SSS is very very subjective. Even players that are good here, like Shalunov for example, he maybe less effective this WJC on big rinks- and what then?

A much bigger concern right now- as a team, we can't even stay in the zone on the PP! With all of that skill, we can't even enter the zone properly! That is a coaching issue, NOT a player issue. QMJHL KNOWS that Yakupov will bring it in through the center- he's done EVERY OTHER TIME, so they'll be waiting and it's not going to work. And so on and so forth...

The one thing we CAN learn about this group is their Character and Coaching. Are they going to fold and play weak for the rest of the series (like they did on Wednesday)? Or are they going to battle through this and break the momentum to win the SSS? We'll see which way it goes from here. I believe this is very important.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote