View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilfverFoppaBerg View Post
Ottawa: Need for D right now and for the future, I think we need one more top 4 guy to play with Ceci down the road while Cowen - Karlsson are on the first pairing.

Pittsburgh: In need of wingers on both sides to play with either Sid or Geno down the road.

I think theres a deal to be made eventually.

Sens winger prospects: Noesen, Puemple, Prince, Stone, Petersson, Silfverberg, Hoffman, Dziurzynski.

Pitts D prospects: Pouliot, Morrow, Despres, Maatta, Harrington, Dumoulin

Who can we match to make a deal? Feel free to use existing wingers on the current roster.
Honestly? Probably not. Most of those D are safe bets to be NHL contributors (Pouliot's a high risk/return coinflip, but Despres and Dumoulin are, at this point, mortal locks on a career as an NHL D).

Pretty much every winger you listed is a big fat question mark filed in the unlikely section to ever be a 25 goal scorer, which is what it's historically taken to get Pitt to move its blue chip D.

Edit: just to clarify, I'm not saying Maata, for instance, is going to have a better career than Silfverberg. I'm saying Maata's got a much better chance of ending up on a first or second pairing somewhere than Silfverberg does as a consistent 30 goal-scorer. Players that fit that description are Pittsburgh's only long-term need at forward.

Last edited by billybudd: 11-08-2012 at 02:21 PM.
billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote