View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
The problem seems to be making the players whole on their contracts and amnesty buyouts make it easier for that to happen because it makes some players whole by buying them out while still leaving cap space and cap money for the rest of the players.

Having the rich owners throw some more coin in the pot was one thing Fehr wanted to see, so I don't think either side has an issue with buyouts happening.
But that doesn't make sense because all you're asking is for owners to spend money.
The 50-50 split they want is something that is absolutely normal. The fact the players got away with getting more revenues than their employers is pretty silly. Doesn't make much sense.
Now, with a buyout, you're telling the owners ''okay, you can have your 50-50 split, but in order for that to happen you need to dish out millions and millions of dollars in buyouts''. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Rollback is a necessity in my eyes. Seems to me that the players who oppose this in general are either old (over the hill or at end of career) or signed to huge deals. Obviously, it doesn't favor them at all. But I'm sure other guys like MaxPac who are signed to a few years and will hit the jack pot later on don't mind it.

I'm not against amnesty buyouts, I think teams should have the option but I don't think it should be the solution, nor do I think it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Nashville matched Philadelphia's offer, Nashville has been a responsible team in terms of spending money wisely and responsibly.
Sure, and every shook their heads as to how that happened. Nashville is a low-mid spending team for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Assuming a 55-60 game schedule, how would you guys feel about all games being played within the conference? That would help save some travel money.
I don't care what they decide to do so long as we get to see some damn hockey. Players might be happy with that though, they'll be less fatigued and that's important in a condensed season.