View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Bullsmith

vCash: 500
Looking at the quality of next years draft I have to say I hope Bergevin finds a way to end up with a top ten pick. In a way I'm more terrified of the Habs fighting for a bubble playoff spot, and the temptation to get better now that comes with it, than I am of having another terrible year. Gally is just another level of prospect than our mid-late first rounders from recent years. Nothing against Leblanc, Tinordi or Beaulieu, but elite talent is elite for a reason, and top 3-5 draft picks is the most likely way to get it into your org.

Not advocating to tank, just saying if the team isn't really competitive, I think we're much better off accepting short term suffering and looking to a brighter future. The fact that the Bulldogs are stocked with interesting young talent and almost none of it is close to NHL-ready only reinforces that feeling for me. This is the time to build a winner from the ground up. Think about adding another center of Gally's calibre to the org, and where we might be in three years as a result. Been a long, long time....