View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 04:04 PM
sparxx87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars23 View Post
The facts are simple and true:

Fedorov was considered the Best player in the World in 1993-94 and won the Hart Trophy (Individual Gold) and Lindsay and Selke (No other player in history of the earth has done that in a single season)

(Lemieux would have 63 goals and 138 Points in a 82 game average (Lemieux has NEVER played an 80 game season) when he was healthy enough to play - wouldn't have won the Rocket Award that season, and maybe the Art Ross (50/50 or less).

Fedorov was the Best in 1994. Wayne Gretzky & Steve Yzerman have said they believe Feds "is the most talented player they've ever seen". From the Best of the Best.

Fedorov also played as a defenseman to shut down guys like Forsberg and Gretzky when he was in his prime in the playoffs. Fedorov also led the NHL in plus/minus in the 1990's with 221+, talk about Legendary.

Guys like Steve Yzerman have also said Fedorov is the best skater they've ever seen, and the among the fastest, if not the fastest (especially Big ice).

He won the hardest shot competition and is also considered one of the greatest playoff performers in NHL history.

He also has the single season NHL record of $28 million, payed in a 6 month span where he lead the playoffs in goals in '98 and to the Stanley Cup (second in a row).

Oh yeah can anyone refute the fact Fedorov beat Jagr and Forsberg in Best on Best Olympics points per a game? and Canada Cup/World points per a game and goals per a game, all this while playing as a Soviet style Defensive Center - Looks like when the competition was Best on Best, Fedorov was better

Canada just dislikes Russians to the max (except Wayne Gretzky, who is of part Russian and Belarusian descent ("White Russia") lol
Great post, although I tend to disagree with the last paragraph. Fedorov is my all time favorite player, Ovechkin was at one time the most popular player in the league, and I guarentee Malkin is near the top of that list currently.

Canadians, generally speaking, dislike the Semin/Filatov type. Primma donna with one dimensional skillsets and fluctuating effort level.