Thread: Confirmed with Link: Sakic 2012 HHOF Inductee
View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Kloparren
Hth

vCash: 500
Regardless of whether or not you like Lindros, he was one of the best players in the 90s. And that's a pretty damn good accomplishment if you consider the amount of star players in the 90s, that's also why I don't like the 4 player max rule (the amount of stars fluctuates and it was quite high in that period, it would be high now too if it weren't for lockouts and players getting too banged up to have lengthy career and defense being so tight).

Anyways, Eric Lindros had a pretty big legacy in the game if you watch some clips with him, there just weren't any players of that size who could throw around their body especially when he started out and skate that way and put up that many points. I know there are big players who have great stats but Lindros was one of a kind when he came out. Fleury I regard in the same way but the opposite, he has to be the best small sized player to play the game in the modern era. And post-career, both have done a lot for hockey....Lindros for concussion research and Fleury for abuse though I think their on-ice careers were remarkable enough for them to get in even if you don't consider injury or off-ice related shortened careers (which btw they do consider for other players so why not these ones).

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote