View Single Post
Old
12-08-2003, 03:24 PM
habitants9_4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Yup, something along the lines of Tbo and Nolan for Roy (no Keane). Supposablely Serge Savard had talked about Roy going to Colorado before he was canned and the deal was supposed to be Fiset, Nolan and a pick for Roy (I believe). I'm sure if houle held out he could of gotten Tbo and Nolan for Roy, but..........
My uncle was originally Serge Savard's assistant GM, and when he was fired he eventually became Reggie's assistant. Here are some of the propositions he refused...... Also for those who won't believe me, I don't need you to!

Remember EVERY team made an offer...Chicago, Detroit, San Jose and 1 other team were contending for him.
Yzerman, McCarty and Osgood for Roy and Keane
Nolan, Rathje and Irbe for Roy and Keane
Fiset, Ozolinsh and Kovalenko for Roy and Keane
Fiset, Deadmarsh, Simon for Keane and Roy
Belfour, Poulin and Amonte for Roy and Keane
Daze for Damphousse
Linden for Bertuzzi
Roberts for Savage
Brylin for Malakhov
Federov for Malakhov and Quintal when Feds was a hold out, and Quintal and Malakhov were playing well.

Houle didn't take the Detroit deal, because Osgood was too raw, and Yzerman was struggling.

The San Jose deal was Serge's negotiating, and he wanted to have his own deal.

The Chicago deal was very close, but he wanted a younger goalie.

He was truly an Idiot.

On the Richer for Odelein deal he went BEHIND EVERYONE'S BACK AND TOLD THEM "I HAVE A FEELING!"

The Turgeon deal...He said he was going to trade him no matter how well he does! His 4pts night didn't stop him from TAKING THE FIRST ST.LOUIS OFFER! On top of that he THREW in Craig Conroy and Fitzpatrick.

Tucker was dealt because he didn't like him, not to improve the team. As much as I hate him today, he is still a 20 goal scorer who plays with grit and heart.

There are many more little stories like that! MANY MORE