View Single Post
Old
11-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
Fedorov generally played on stronger teams with better linemates than Jagr at least.

How about the 2010 WCs when Czechs beat Russia in gold medal game? The only NHLers who played for Czechs were Jagr, Vokoun and Voracek. The Russians had Ovechkin, Malkin, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Semin, Fedorov, Afinogenov, Gonchar, Frolov, etc.

I don't remember Russia being much of a factor in the best on best WC in 2005, when Jagr led the Czechs to gold. Russia again had a strong roster: Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk, Kovalev, Fedorov, Kozlov, Afinogenov, Semin, Markov, Yashin, etc.

What has been Russia's biggest international achievement with Fedorov? Beating some undermanned team at the WCs? Do you really think Czech or Sweden would have rather had Fedorov than Jagr/Forsberg in most tournaments?
Jagr? Donít know... Forsberg? Definitely.

Fedorov (in his prime) was most perfectly balanced player Iíve seen. Some more physical, some had better speed (1 or 2), some had better shot (maybe 1 or 2) some had better D, and some could dissect opponent better then him (sometimes),but combination of all those thing made him awesome to watch.
Him and Konstantinov pretty much are responsible for getting me into NHL